Vmware Vsan HCI
Supermicro® Solutions integrated with VMware vSAN
The Perfect Solution for Enterprises and SMBs Supermicro’s vSAN ReadyNodes™ focus on deploying VMware® vSAN™, a hyper-converged solution, as quickly as possible. vSAN provides you with the ability to provision and manage compute, network and storage resources from a single pane of management. Working with VMware, Supermicro delivers an alternative to traditional Fiber Channel SAN based virtualization infrastructure, which is known for its complexity and interoperability challenges. Targeted at a multitude of use cases in tier 1/2 production workloads and Virtualized Desktop Infrastructure (VDI), especially with all-flash, Supermicro’s vSAN ReadyNodes™ introduce a new high performance storage tier optimized for enterprise-class virtual environments that is simple, resilient and efficient. It is a perfect solution for Enterprises ROBO and SMBs to efficiently grow and manage virtualized infrastructure for maximum ROI.
Ready to Deploy Configurations* A vSAN ReadyNodes™ is a preconfigured single or multi-node server hardware configuration for use with vSAN. A Ready Node configuration includes specific types and amounts of CPU, Memory, Flash, HDD, and I/O Controller devices within each server. Each vSAN ReadyNodes™ is classified by a Ready Node configuration profile. A defined Ready Node profiles include:
All-Flash Ready Node Profiles
• AF-8 Series: Up to 120 VMs per node
• AF-6 Series: Up to 60 VMs per node
• AF-4 Series: Up to 30 VMs per node
Hybrid Ready Node Profiles
• HY-8 Series: Up to 100 VMs per node
• HY-6 Series: Up to 50 VMs per node
• HY-4 Series: Up to 30 VMs per node
• HY-2 Series: Up to 20 VMs per node
Each configuration profile provides a differentiated price/performance focus, targeting multiple use case requirements. Each profile assumes a target number of Virtual Machines per node, utilizing an average Virtual Machine profile size. Fault tolerance is built into the solution with data replication between nodes, and clustering technology. Flash and hard disks are seamlessly integrated to achieve best balance in performance and capacity.
*For more information about vSAN ReadyNode profiles and VM sizing assumptions, refer to VMware's vSAN Hardware Quick Reference Guide
|Each Ready Node profile provides a differentiated capacity/performance focus, targeting multiple use case requirements. Each profile assumes a target number of Virtual Machines per node, utilizing an average Virtual Machine profile size (as indicated alongside the configuration). Other configuration assumptions include vSAN default failures to tolerate policy = 1, approximately 30% free storage capacity for future growth, and usage of a USB/HDD/SSD device as the vSphere boot device.|
- Single bundle for procurement – Supermicro vSAN ReadyNode™ comes with the appropriate licenses for vSphere and vSAN. Supermicro production and service works with customer to simplify the setup experience.
- Radically Simple Storage – vSAN integrates seamlessly with vSphere platform for storage tasks. Storage provisioning and management is a breeze. vSAN automatically rebuilds and rebalances storage to maintain Quality of Service from the storage resource.
- Lower TCO by up to 50% – vSAN allows you to granularly scale-out you storage environment to allow for growth while eliminating overprovisioning.
- High Performance – vSAN has integrated server-side flash to provide read/write caching, providing lower latency and better throughput than external flash appliances and devices. As a result, VMs and applications have the most optimized I/O data path to support your business demands.
- Fault Tolerance – vSAN uses distributed RAID and cache mirroring to ensure that data is never lost in case of disk, host or network failures. Combined with Supermicro’s legendary quality and reliability aids in enhancing system uptime and ensuring business continuity.
- Peace of Mind – Supermicro vSAN ReadyNode™ is jointly recommended with VMware. Full system delivery ensures compatibility and maximizes the success of implementation.